International Teacher Identity Card
The International Teacher/ Professor Identity Card - ITIC - is the international proof of full-time teachers/ professors status. The ITIC is valid for one year after issuance and costs 20,- CHF.
The International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) is the essential discount card designed for full-time teachers and professors. Since its introduction in 1984, the ITIC has grown to become the most widely accepted proof of teaching status worldwide. Save at home and abroad on travel, accommodation, food and drink, entertainment, admissions to museums and cultural attractions, retail purchases and more.
The following applicants are entitled to apply for an ITIC card:
- All teachers and professors who work full-time in an approved educational institute
- Full-time means: at least 18 hours per week and for a period of 12 months
Valid credentials (i.a.):
- Dated letter of the educational institute stamped validly and confirming the full-time position
- Certified translation of the documents mentioned above
- Issuing office is obligated to check the entitlement and identification. As evidence of identification passport, identity card or comparable documents are valid.
Application by E-Mail:
- Proof of identity bearing a photo (e.g. drivers license, customer card for public transport, student identity card, health insurance card, personal blood-donor card)
- Please note: You are not allowed to send a scan of your passport/ ID card via E-Mail in terms of data protection law.
Application by Mail:
- Copy of your passport/ ID Card
- Color photo (head shot)
- 20,- CHF (plus postage: 2,- CHF in Switzerland, 3,- CHF postage in Europe, 4,- CHF outside Europe)
Please send your application to the following address:
rds Reisedienst GmbH