ISIC Switzerland

International Student Identity Card

The ISIC card is the biggest internationally-recognised student ID. It is your passport to fantastic discounts and services at home and around the world.

ISIC CH APP 290x188

The ISIC card allows students the world over to prove their official student status and make the most of targeted student benefits and discounts in close to 125,000 locations across almost 130 countries.

Historically, the ISIC card provides students with access to exclusive discounts on travel opportunities. ISIC cardholders can explore the world and discover new countries, cultures and languages at reduced rates.

Today, the portfolio of services goes far beyond travel alone. ISIC cardholders gain preferential access to over 150,000 products, services or experiences in every stage and area of student life. There are a multitude of benefits on offer to ISIC cardholders. Benefits extend anywhere from entertainment, software and travel to food, museums, educational courses and sports activities.

The ISIC card has been endorsed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) since 1968. ISIC is also supported by the European Council on Culture and the Andean Community of Nations. The card is recognised by universities, academic institutions, student unions, national governments, financial institutions and ministries of education around the world.

Buy now

See all benefits

The following applicants are entitled to apply for an ISIC card:

Students aged 12 and older, who meet at least one of the following preconditions:

- Students enrolled at a private or public college/university for at least 6 months and at least 15 hours per week.

- Students attending secondary school or high school.

- Students who do an occupational training and visit a vocational school.


Also entitled people:

- Students on leave with a valid certificate of enrolment

- Students attending course of lectures having a valid certificate of enrolment

- PhD Students, who have a valid certificate of enrolment


Not entitled people:

Participants of a study course which does not lead to a completed vocational training, e.g.:

- Students studying at language schools or at adult educational centers

- People working voluntarily or taking part in a voluntary year (FSJ, FÖJ etc.)

- Volunteers or trainees (if they are no students)



Vaild credentials (i.a.):

- Official student identity card/ certificate of enrolement, clearly and currently dated

- Articles of apprenticeship, clearly and currently dated confirming the apprenticeship by the vocational training law

- A signed and dated letter on official university or school stationery

- Certified translation of the documents mentioned above


Invalid credentials (i.a):

-  Passport, national identity card or visa (except for applicant identification)

-  Current ISIC or ISIC of previous years

-  University or student identity card which does not confirm the status of a registered student (e.g. auditor or participant in an adult educational center)

- Affidavits of an embassy or consulate

- Not translated and not certified documents

Buy now